ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Maura Satchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:14:02 +0000
"(Jack Hart)" <[log in to unmask]> Fri, 14 Feb 97 11:34:21 +0000
wrote:
>IMHO
>Nobody else in our conference had a compliance Department any better
>than Maine's during the ten years the NCAA investigated.  Ten years
>from any college's past would bring up at least as many violations of
>the same "Oh gosh, I didn't know" quality, the majority of which did
>not involve the student athletes that have been most affected by the
>penalties imposed.  Does anyone else see the basic inequity and
>damaging flaw in the NCAA's enforcement policies?

Have to agree with you, Jack.  In fact, in ALL walks of life, there
have GOT to be skeletons in each respective closet.  That's part of
being human.

>Does anyone else find the air different this morning?

I am not up there in Maine, so I can't speak for the "air quality".
I will, however, along with my two sons and husband be at UMass
Tonight, and I look forward to supporting the team and moving toward
the future, getting on with it all.

Odd how the findings flip-flopped since the initial investigation was
completed, and probably a little hard to take.  I'd have to say,
however, that Shawn DID conduct himself with a lot of class and style
while in "exile".  There were most clearly other avenues he could have
chosen but he DID take the high road there, and for that, I for one
am proud and respect him.

As has been said in the past, unless you know the person intimately,
or have walked in his shoes, you have no right to judge (that goes for some who've
been no negative on this list in the past regarding Coach Walsh, who
so easily judge, but don't have a clue...).

So, having said this, I'm looking forward to some strong hockey
tonight, and hope to see some of you folks there.

GO BLUE!!!

Maura Satchell
Thomaston, CT
Whitehall Consultants Ltd.
206 N. Timber Tribe
Mineral, VA 23117   USA

Global credit reports | Worldwide debt recovery
Import export Mailing lists |  Soveriegn Risk Reports

Tel:  (540) 894-8786
Fax:  (540) 894-0625

E-mail:  [log in to unmask]
http://206.155.34.8/whitehallusa.com