ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 10:54:28 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just heard from Maine Compliance Director Tammy Light, who has contacted
the the NCAA and has now received their ruling with regards to Maine's
schedule for next year, to quote Tammy Light:

        The final ruling on next year's scheduling is as follows:

        The hockey team for the 1997-98 season may play 32 regular season games
and must count the Hockey East tournament as one contest, no matter how
many they play, and the NCAA tournament must also count as one contest,
no matter how many they play.  This will be a total of 34 contests for
the 1997-98 season.  Please keep in mind if we win the NCAA appeal, the
scheduling for next year is moot and we will be able to utilize annual
exemptions.

---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])