ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 17:19:25 -0500
At 04:41 PM 2/7/97 -0500, Cathy Hart wrote:
>NO student pays $12 to get in!!!  If there are tickets available they can get
>them right up to game time!!!  I challenge you to find any student who has
>been turned away.  NO STUDENT HAS BEEN TURNED AWAY AT THE  DOOR!

Dave's comments where that IF a student shows up the Wed-Fri of the week
before a game they can get a ticket with $12.

Students are NOT allowed to pick up tickets the week before the game unless
by chance that happens to be one of the half dozen distribution days.  This
rarely happens since those are in a month in advance.

Students can show up one hour prior to game time, but must wait out in the
cold, for tickets.. which are free while supplies last.

Dave's comment was more of a joke.. that "Sure, Maine students can get
tickets Wed-Fri with the general public if they pay $12.  The ticket office
does not distribute student tickets on any days but one hour before games
and on those specified distribution days.

The general public meanwhile can walk up and buy tickets starting that
Wednesday before a game.

Distribution days are for two days only, and usually a month in advance.  It
isn't like tickets start being available a month away and you have a whole
month to pick them up.  You have two days, a month before the game, to pick
up the tickets and that is it (with exception to an hour before the game).
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])