ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John Gabarra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:20:07 EDT
While I haven't seen Tommy practice, I have some friends that have and they
say he is the "real deal"....he could have played after February, but coach
decided to hold him back for a couple of reasons
1- why waste a few months of playing time for 1 yr of eligibility
2- he wasn't in game shape and wasn't used to the systems yet.

This year should be a phenomenal one with Tommy, Troy Kahler, Ed Boudreau,
Gray Shaneberger, Matt Yeats, Kevin(?) Claussen and a couple others I can't
remember the names of all coming back after practicing with the team this
year, plus the incoming class!!

Martin Kariya is said to be small (like steve was his freshman year), but
Paul claims he's quite a play maker!! I don't expect him to play much if at
all next year.

GO MAINE!!
DROP THE PUCK!!