ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 10:31:28 EDT
Wayne wrote:

>    (I recently reported news from Richard Hungerford and USCHO: the
>    ECAC-HE games in NYC on December 22 (including a Maine/Colgate game)
>    is being moved to the Hartford Civic Center..wts)
>
> Today I report that it appears that not only the location has changed,
> but the date appears to have changed from December 22 to December 21.
>
> Both the ECAC and some people at UNH are reporting the date change.
>
> Fwiw, USCHO is still reporting December 22 games.  HockeyEast is no help
> at all, as their web site still thinks this is the 1997-98 season.

USCHO got the news about the venue switch early, but for some reason
weren't notified about the date change at that time.  We've updated
that info now.

> The excellent Maine Hockey web site has yet to pick up on either change,
> so you might want to hold off buying those non-refundable/no-change
> airline tickets for a while. :-)
>
> Don't they want anyone to attend?  It would be better to hold the games
> at UNH or Maine, if they'd like to recoup costs!

I think the reason is that the same corporation owns both MSG and the
Civic Center.  Contractual obligations made a switch to a team site
impossible and the Civic Center probably just represented a cutting of
the losses.

> See you all at the Alfond Saturday afternoon (4:30 start time according
> to the hockey office) for free eats and a fun look at our new team!

Or you could alternatively say, "a new look at our fun team!"  I haven't
seen a thing yet, but I think Maine fans are in for a treat this year.

Dave Hendrickson