From:
Siren Chudgar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:51:16 -0500
On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, MATTHEW CALDERWOOD wrote:

>      An interesting thread has been brought up on the Maine hockey list.
>      Which programs have supplied the NHL (to narrow the scope a little,
>      let's keep it narrowed to the current NHL rosters) with the most
>      players?  This question could be broached from two directions: quality
>      and quantity.  (It's another argument altogether whether this is even
>      a good measure of the quality of a college program; I'm not so sure
>      that it is.)
>
>      Maine has provided several players:  Bob Corkum, Paul Kariya, Eric
>      Weinrich, Bob Beers, Jean-Yves Roy, Garth Snow, and some others that
>      bounce between the NHL and the minors.  This is good quantity, as well
>      as high quality.
>
>      RPI has given the NHL Adam Oates, Joe Juneau, and Daren Puppa.  The
>      quantity isn't that great, but you'd have to agree that this is a high
>      quality group.
>
>      What can other schools offer?
>
>      Matt
>      RPI '94

As for Clarkson, we can offer Dave Taylor, a recent retired player
from the Los Angeles Kings, an All-Star, and 16 year player.  Also, 1994
Olympian and current Edmonton Oiler Todd Marchant, as well as newly
acquired St. Louis Blues player Craig Conroy are the immediate three that
come to mind.  Any others?

Siren Chudgar
Clarkson '96
LET'S GO TECH!!!