ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:44:59 -0800
I will disagree with you on one point, you said that
this is life at as an athlete at a premiere school.
This MIGHT be life in Orono, but not at any premiere
school.

There is no way that this would have happened in
Boston.  NONE.  if a woman alleges that she is groped,
fleetingly in a bar and the a policeman is told about
it by the bar owner, there is no way the cop is going
hunting for the alleged groper.... NONE.  In towns
bigger than Orono, this is just not an allegation that
the courts are going to involve themselves in, nor
would the police involve themselves.

and I will once again ask that we stand behind him and
reserve judgment until we find out what happened.

remember I said that I was not looking to defend any
real wrong doing... I am not saying that a person has
a right to grab a breast in a bar.  I do not know the
totality of the circumstances, (would you change your
mind if you found out that she had flashed him a few
times that night on her way to and from the ladies'
room?  what if you found out that she had grabbed his
butt a few times while they were both on the dance
floor and he THOUGHT that she was flirting with him).