ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
james acheson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:54:39 -0700
Uhhh, for a D man, Imes had points, as I remember...
also, if you look at his plus minus, you might be
shocked... as i recall, he was the only player with a
better plus minus than Paul.

even so, let me restate... I think that the hobey
voters, in looking at FORWARDS, are looking at
points.... Last season, Duncn won with Oshie and
Toewes on his line.  Duncan had more points, andthe
other 2 had people like Brent Shepheard hanging all
over them.  Toewes and Oshie were better players in
many peoples' opinions.  Duncan was no slouch, but I
think it was the points that got him the award.

Same for Marty Sertich in 2005.   I think i think his
linemate Brett Sterling might have been the better
player, but Sertich had one more point.  He won his
junior year, and the next season, he was not even
second team all american, I think because his points
dropped off, not becuase of his abilities.  (He was a
marked man all season long).

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2007/10/03_2007preseason.php