ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matt Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:06:57 -0700
Certainly not hateful...  I think he is a good (not
great) player, that could use some more time working
on his game before making the jump.  Obviously part of
my feelings are selfish to keep him around. Once I
read the article, I was ready to cue up the Maine Pep
Band to play "Hey, Buddy you're outta here!"   If he
doesn't want to put 200% into his job on the ice for
Maine Hockey, it is time for him to go.

If you think I am a hater, let me "hate" a bit more.
Yes many of the quotes from players are/sound spoon
fed.  However, on more than one occasion there have
been quotes of "we played as individuals".  Teddy was
the number one cluprit of it.  How many times would he
have a opportunity to bring the puck into the
offensive zone and try to stick handle past the
defenseman by himself, when he could have looked to
teammates that were open.  Yes, he may have undressed
our bottom tier opponents.  But he didn't have that
success against the Top 4 teams in Hockey East.  There
were many games he was held without a point against
BC, BU, UNH, and UMASS. Let's face it, he did not
finish the season well, and I can only believe that it
is a resut of feeling he was better than he is.  Great
players take over games and find a way for their team
to win (read Jim Montgomery).  Teddy isn't there yet.

On another note, if Maine fans are going to travel
halfway across the country to see this team, I don't
want someone out there who is going to try to be a
hero to solidify his next career move.  I want someone
who wants to win for the team, or at least pretends
to.  I don't remember Jimmy Howard talking about the
NCAA playoffs getting in his way of signing with
Detroit.

Jim,  you have done your share of hating as well.  I
am kind of amazed at being called out as a "hater".
I know you were a big fan of Jeff Mushaluk...

Discuss...

=== message truncated ===

Matthew R. Dewkett

Get your own web address.