ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Vicki Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:51:25 EST
In a message dated 2-9-98, at 12:20:47 AM, Dave Hendrickson wrote

> We're looking at a minimum of $6000 a year to go to school where the hockey
program won't drag him down. And, I'm ticked off that even if I went totally
bankrupt, I couldn't afford the $20K a year schools that are one step higher.

That's why I moved to Minnesota Dave! (-:

Public Education here is excellent and although high school hockey has been in
decline, both are free. Club is minimal expense and when you're on varsity
it's zip! Despite the relatives I had, instant family living in the Mass,
Rhode Island area, I knew I couldn't foot the private school tuition there any
more than I could in LA. Hence, a move to MINNE was imperative. It was MOVE or
pay the kind of dollars for hockey and school, which would eventually wipe me
out! (-: Don't think I didn't also try to increase his visibility by sending
him to camps and tournaments and whatever All-Star team he made, he  traveled
where ever the ticket took him. There was never an end to my plastic debt.

We are I think, comparable to that rare breed of "parent", dare I mention the
word, "figure skater". Talk about competitive atmospheres, even between
parents.

But in these things we are the same: empty wallets....love of our kids and the
sport!

> Why do I do it? Because I love my son and would do anything for him. Why
does he do it? Because he loves the game......

Ditto me Jason!  (-:

>"Reggie Ryan Daddy David Hendrickson." The kid is just nuts about hockey.

(-:

And so is Dad, no!? (-:

>with the front seat propped up by a hockey stick, the windows don't work,
except by pulling them up by a cable hooked at the bottom, and it's up to
about 170,000 miles.

Dave,  your dedication becomes really apparent when you detail a description
of the SLOB-MOBILE!  (-:  I admit maybe even more dedicated than me!!? (-:

And all this time Dave, you and everyone else listening probably thought I
didn't like you......I bet!? (-:

Vicki Price

HPA

Hockey Parents Anonymous

P.S. Because it sounds like we belong and I admit I'm addicted!