ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Dave Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:46:41 EST
OK, OK. Let's find some positives about losing to Northeastern.

1. Much of the reason we lost is that Northeastern is a good club. They've got
respectable speed, they hustle, and they're scrappy--sort of like having two
Jim Legers on each line.

2. We showed some flashes of good play. Not all that many, but you said you
were looking for positives.

3. This will lull the rest of the league into thinking that our victory over
UNH was an abberation, and that they don't have to take us seriously come
playoff time.

4. It will offer more opportunities to next year's recruits.

5. We played very well during the 5-minute major that was called with seven
minutes to go. If we'd shown that much hustle during the rest of the game, the
score would have been a lot different.

6. Hockey East will have to make do with the home receipts from Northeastern
or Providence, instead of from the Alfond. That means there will be less money
and no raises for the refs next year.