ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Kelly Clifford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:18:13 -0500
I was at last night's game, and although I thought it was a very good
game it could have been a whole lot better.  I was amazed at the lack
of crowd support we had.  Maine may be losing, but they're still fun to
watch.
For Cathy - Jason Vitorino's penalty didn't make any sense to me.  I
was in section U, so I could see it pretty cleary.  It looked to me
like Jason was dragged down and ended up landing on top of a NE player,
resulting in Jason getting the penalty (I forget what he got called
on).  I also found it odd, when earlier in the game, Jason got knocked
down beside our net and didn't get up right away.  There was a penalty
called on him then that I didn't understand.  I guess that's they way
the cookie crumbles.
It certainly looked like Maine had a chance to win it.  They'd been
working hard in practice all week, but last night they looked like they
came out a little so and nonchalant, and it cost them.  Here's hoping
for better results next weekend!

Kelly