ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 15:05:58 EST
Sorry to leave you hanging!  These mid week games are tough to get back from
even when we win!  I have been working, chained to my desk by my unfeeling
boss (my husband), and this is really the first time I have had any real
chance to think about the game.

IMHO:

My first impression was - SHOOT THE PUCK!!!!

Upon reflection, I continue to feel that way, but think that the team was just
a step slow all night, as you could see the opportunities, but they were not
quite in place, or not quite reaching the puck, or often just a step short of
the perfect pass.  I think the shots on were one indication of this.

There was a Maine goal that the officials did not see, although the goal judge
and many many others close to that net saw clearly.  Oh well, that's hockey.
It might have made the emotional difference in the game, but maybe not.

I have to again complain about officiating, but first would like to hear from
anyone who saw the penalty Vitorino had - five minute major - which many folks
told me was undeserved.  I didn't see it as it was down at the other end of
the rink.  However, I think the Huskies would probably have several complaints
too.  The game was very physical, as we can always expect from Bruce Crowder's
teams, and the refs did let a lot go on both sides, but some calls were
questionable.  Did anyone else see this?

I continue to be optimistic, and cannot be said to be DOWN about the loss.
The guys were though.  Many of them are going to be getting out of town on
this off-duty weekend, so may come back strong for next weekend!

Maybe I can get more details later, but right now the whip is cracking!

GO MAINE!!

Cathy Hart
Watching the Finest College Hockey Program in the Nation is still a h*** of a
lot of fun!!!!