ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:33:54 EST
Cathy wrote..
>Gee, did anyone else feel the officiating left something to be desired ONCE
>AGAIN?!?!?

It always does, no matter how good it is.

>UNH has a great team.  They do not need an extra man on the ice to win a game.
>Why was Maine mugged more than just a few times, right in front of Mr.
>Bennedetto (Spelling?) without call, while most of Maine's infractions WERE
>called?

I don't agree with this at all.  The Parmentier hook (and even the
proceeding calls, against each team) were not calls I'd make, were I an
official, but a *lot* was let go on both sides and stuff was called on
both sides.  That said, I, and the more knowledgable people with me,
immediately categorized the Parmentier penalty call as "horrible".  Give
the UNH player a 9.0 on the Shermerhorn scale for a good dive.

Speaking of Jason Krog, is it my imagination, or are the HEA refs giving
him extra latitude due to his "star" status?  Just like our Chris Imes
rarely was called for holding (it was an art form for him), Krog seems
to be a little special when it comes to getting penalties called on or
against him.  Amazing that his two-handed slash "WHOMPED" throughout the
Alfond ...  and was ignored by the referee.

cheers,
wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L/Info-Hockey-L/Hockey3