ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 00:03:11 -0500
At 9:20 PM -0500 1/12/1998, VPPrice wrote:
> At 7:20 PM 1/12/98, Mike Machnik wrote:
>
> >Walsh apologized on TV for the game being boring....
>
> From coach's perspective this was probably not as entertaining a game as
>MAINE
> is capable of playing. MAINE was minus bodies.....my point was BC was not.

I think that's definitely true, that it was not as entertaining as Maine
has looked in the past.  Not that I cannot appreciate good defense.  But
midway through the game I was thinking, "what a boring game for the viewers
for the first tv game," and then Shawn said what I was thinking before the
third period. :-)

> >The vast majority of chances were BC's....
>
> No argument here! To quote Dave again, he said, "BC pressed"...... but, MAINE
> did what they could do well that night, on the other end of the ice....
>
> Doesn't that count for something!? (-:

Absolutely...I was very impressed with the way Maine played in a tough
situation.  These were two tough games they had and they got 3 of 4 points.
That has to give them some momentum as they return home.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****         Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM          *****