ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 18:23:26 -0800
---Patrick Burke <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I heard the BDN quoted Masotta today, I am away for the holidays and
> would appreciate if someone could post a summary of the story and his
> exact words.

This continues to look bad, here is what Masotta was quoted as saying
in the BDN:

"I apologize to Dwayne.  It's a foolish thing that I take full
responsibility for.  It was a mistake.  It wasn't driven by anything.
It was something stupid that came out of my mouth.  This isn't
something that's in my character."

The BDN (reporter is Deirdre Flemming) also says that Masotta wants to
stay in school and on the team.

So he admits that he did this.  Is there any really question he should
be booted from the team (if not school) ??????