ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Frank Lisnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:42:29 -0500
At 07:47 AM 11/22/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Pretty disappointing game last night from a fan and player standpoint.
> Another good crowd, real quiet though.  I'm afraid this will be the
>case all year because fans don't seem to care enough.

I thought the crowd was in the game for the first period but very quiet
after that. Actually, the fans around me were quite upset about the poor
play of Maine...esp. on the penalty kills and power plays.

>BC is really good.  THey have a great power play with all those draft
>picks out there and that carried them Friday.  If Maine would have
>stayed out of the box early in the game Maine would have gone into the
>third period either 0-0 or 1-0 rather than down 3-0.

BC IS for real! Yes, they are very good! But Maine is in a slump. They
can't even score 5 on 3! This is also affecting the special teams as I've
stated above.

>I have problems with the way the game was officiated as well, seemed
>what he didn't call a penalty at one point was a penalty at other
>points.  Real inconsistent.  Did anyone else think that?

I hate to point the finger at the officials, but it was VERY inconsistent.
I don't think this really affected the outcome though. Maine was very
clearly outplayed.

>Kariya was really taken out of the game by BC, good job by them.

BC was prepared and definitely has the killer instinct! They never let
Maine recover.

>Saturday night is soooooo huge.  We can't afford to be swept in our
>building, but you know what, BC can do it.  6-1.. they handed our
>heads to us (again) last night.  I'm still pretty young but I can't
>remember the last time Maine was blown out twice in their building in
>the same month.  Let's hope for a better fan and player performance
>Saturday (in the snow).

AGREED!

Frank Lisnik
"Talk less, say more."