ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:54:26 -0500
Cathy Hart wrote:

> Okay!  My question (Should injuries to the the team be reported in this world
> wide medium?) seems to be creating a lot of misconceptions!
>
> For the record, I had no fewer than eight people telling me they thought it
> WRONG to report anything like that on this forum.  NONE of them were parents!
>  That is why I asked for opinions from the list.  Some of the eight were
> people who are chicken to post here (You know who you are!).  They raised the
> question, not me.  I thought it an interesting ethical point.
>
> The argument heard most was "Nobody from Boston reads the Bangor Daily News,
> but Internet stuff can be picked up everywhere".  And I have heard from
> others since this little debate began.  Most are negative about any
> weaknesses in the team being reported.
>
> Just reporting the observations!  Don't shoot me!
>
> Cathy Hart

I think all pertinent info regarding the Black Bears should be posted
here; not just the "good stuff".  Many of us living away from Orono have
no other way of receiving this info.  After reading the box scores some
of us may wonder why a certain player didnt score or play and it may be
due to injury.  Without that info coming from this discussion list we
would have no way of knowing.

John Duffill
An original friend of Maine Hockey