ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 1997 05:24:52 -0500
Okay!  My question (Should injuries to the the team be reported in this world
wide medium?) seems to be creating a lot of misconceptions!

For the record, I had no fewer than eight people telling me they thought it
WRONG to report anything like that on this forum.  NONE of them were parents!
 That is why I asked for opinions from the list.  Some of the eight were
people who are chicken to post here (You know who you are!).  They raised the
question, not me.  I thought it an interesting ethical point.

The argument heard most was "Nobody from Boston reads the Bangor Daily News,
but Internet stuff can be picked up everywhere".  And I have heard from
others since this little debate began.  Most are negative about any
weaknesses in the team being reported.

Just reporting the observations!  Don't shoot me!

Cathy Hart