ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John and Jean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:13:41 -0400
From UMaine Today:

0 UMaine Athletic Media Relations issued a news release today noting
that hockey coach Shawn Walsh has traveled to Los Angeles to begin the
next stage of treatment for kidney cancer.  He will undergo preliminary
testing this week and will finalize his treatment plans in consultation
with doctors at UCLA Medical Center.  It is expected that Walsh will
return to Maine early in August and will go back to California later in
the month to begin the treatment program.  "The recovery from my (July
7) kidney removal has gone very well.  I was able to walk a mile within
two weeks of my surgery," Walsh said.  "I feel very good and my
recovery is on pace.  I am looking forward to meeting with the doctors
at UCLA to finalize our decision on the treatment protocol we decide to
undertake."

John