ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 23:20:58 -0500
At 11:01 PM 12/4/99 , John W Duffill wrote:
>Two needless penalties by Brendan Walsh cut into whatever momentum Maine
>was building at the time.  I think the week off really hurt Maine.  They had
>good momentum and were finding ways to win.  The week off took a little edge
>off.

Thanks to John for pointing this out for me.  I know Brendan is a great
player, who is very popular with the fans, but I really think Shawn needs
to sit him for a game and get him to think about taking these penalties.

He did hurt Maine with penalties, one in particular that I believe NU
scored on.  As unfair as it may be, Walsh has a reputation with the
officials.  He's already received 2 misconducts for diving (so he's not
going to get any calls his way) and opposing players know if they feel the
hand or stick of #36 to go down because the refs will surely haul Brendan
to the sin bin.

Not all of this is Brendan's fault, of course, but he can do a better job
of staying out of the box.  Maine as a team seems to be in the box more
this year than usual.

Just one man's opinion!

-dt