ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 23:01:25 -0500
A couple of more points to Deron's reasons for tonight's loss:  I agree
wholeheartedly that they don't have true leader who can pick the whole team
up.  Two needless penalties by Brendan Walsh cut into whatever momentum Maine
was building at the time.  I think the week off really hurt Maine.  They had
good momentum and were finding ways to win.  The week off took a little edge
off.

Let's not fail to recognize that NU has a pretty good team,always play Maine
tough and are very tough at home.  Also the officiating, I am not blaming the
officiating, was inconsistent at best.  A few blown penalty calls both ways and
the linesmen missed many calls.

Lets get back on the bandwagon, providing of course that you got off.  This is
when the team really needs our support.  Happy Holidays!!

John Duffill
An original Friend of Maine Hockey