ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay A Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 23:26:25 -0500
The ONLY place to dine while travelling to see the Black Bears is Cafe
Brazil in Allston, which as you know is owned by Jason Vitorino's dad.  Dan
and I ate there this afternoon before going to the Bruins' game, and boy
was it great.  We recommend the fried bananas and linguica as appetizers,
but be sure to save room for dessert (unfortunately we didn't)  There are
several pictures of Maine players on the wall right as you walk in to the
restaurant (Mr. Vitorino told us that he even moved a picture of the
Brazilian soccer team).  Mr. Vitorino is a wonderful host; the food is
excellent and reasonably priced (with generous portions); and the service
is OUTSTANDING.  Dan and I just happened to be wearing our Maine Hockey
attire and had our pictures from Anaheim with us, and both were
appreciated.

Cafe Brazil is easily reached by both public transportation (about a 10
minute walk from the Harvard Street stop on the BC/BU spur on the green
line) and by car (not far from the Allston/Brighton exit on the Mass
Turnpike).

Lindsay A. Huntoon
Go Maine Black Bears
Providence or Bust in 2000