ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:21:15 EST
My husband tells me that he saw my scape-grace UNH grad relative at the
supermarket in Bethel, and got scowled at for mentioning, in the mildest
tones, UNH's egg vs. RPI.  I think that Sportsmanship 101 is a required
course at BooHooAche, isn't it?

Wear White Night?  What I would like to see every game is a sea of Columbia
Blue on every human big & small.

RANT:  Yes, I know the powers that be at the U have declared Columbia is not
the proper shade of blue for Maine (and they spent HOW MUCH money and time
coming to this decision?)  However, Maine Hockey traditionalists, like us,
with years of Columbia Blue jackets in our closets, who paid for Columbia
Blue flags to take to away games for the team hotels to use, who remember
when the UMaine Bear didn't look A.) Flat, old & grey  or B.) Dog/ Cat
feature face, and who enjoyed the fact that UMaine fans weren't restricted to
ONE look, but could go into Bear Necessities and choose the look we liked
best - well, Columbia Blue it will remain, until they can name their chosen
blue something other than with a number...

Cathy Hart