ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:51:33 EDT
>1.  What audio driver is used to carry your Maine Hockey feed (e.g. Real
>Audio, etc.) ?

The WZON may require the latest RealPlayer G2 (freebee).  If you have a
RealPlayer G2 several months old, maybe you should download the latest
copy.  I have noticed that this feed does seem to have a higher bit-rate
than most (20-21Kbs).  If your network connection to broadcastsports.com
can't sustain that ...  maybe that's the problem.

It appears neither Broadcastsports.com nor Zoneradio.com want to
advertise the URL, but I like just starting up RealPlayer rather than
using the browser plugin.  If you want to try a direct URL, use ..

   http://play.rbn.com/?url=bmc/wzonfm/live/live20.rm&proto=rtsp

>2.  What minimum hardware and software configurations are required to hear
>this feed ?

My machines don't have an apple logo ...  but a 2-year old machine isn't
*that* old!

Have you upgraded to Mac OS 8.x?  The newest RealPlayer is only
available with OS 8.1/8.5.  I don't know if the older version available
with OS 7.x is compatible with the broadcastsports.com feed.  Maybe
someone else does?

>I tried the WMEB feed again tonite, and, as reported on this list, waited
>for the feed to start.

www.webradio.com has very poor bandwidth to us (Maine.edu) on almost all
occasions I've tried them.  The site suggests feedback to

Maybe you should?

Maybe they can give you a browser-free URL, as I don't have one.

- - - - - -

Wow, what an opening series ...  not the hysteria of the 1st time MN
came to Alfond, but those in attendance saw 2 young, but *very* good
teams play a hard-fought pair of games.  Fast and entertaining.

Barrett Heisten has elevated his game ...  awesome.  Look for B.Heisten
to vie for all-HEA and All-American honors, IMHO.

A number of players are new starters and don't look out of place.

The fans filled and rocked the Alfond.

Not bad :-)

cheers, wayne

Wayne T. Smith
[log in to unmask]                          Old Town Landing
Co-owner of the College Hockey lists - Hockey-L and Hockey3