ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Seguin, Andy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:55:58 -0400
What I don't understand is how Maine can be 2nd in the national poll and (if
I read correctly) 3rd in the preseason Hockey East Poll. Does that make any
sense? Just shows you how much you should take from these polls in October -
nothing!

Here's hoping that the Maine game over Minnesota is as exciting as the one
back in the '80s that Maine won over Minnesota on the goal by Christian
Lalonde with 4 minutes left that put Maine on top of those screwy polls for
the first time ever. I only hope the Alfond is filled with as much intensity
as it was that night.

Andy Seguin
Frustrated Mainer in Upstate New York