ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 15:54:49 -0400
Dan, I think the important point here is "take the high road" as many other
Maine folks have done.  It is not good to continue the chain of unfair
accusations and doesn't help the cause.

You may take issue with the public comments I made, but it was only in
response to comments you also made publicly and which are certainly open to
rebuttal.

I see that you still have a number of questions...my suggestion would be to
obtain answers to those questions instead of making the kind of
inflammatory and unfounded accusations you made.  Again it is not at all
unlike what you are rightly upset at other folks for doing with regard to
Maine.

I find it rather interesting that you challenged me for not responding to
other comments made in another forum and then saw fit to censor my original
message, including all but this point which you did not seem to want people
to see again:

> And as many of you know, I am not affiliated with either UNH or Maine, and
> have in the past come to the defense of Maine when unfounded accusations
> were made against them.  This is no different.

As you well know since you have been around for a while, if you check the
archives dating back several years, you will find many more examples of me
speaking up on Maine's behalf when unfair accusations were made against
Maine.  I may not follow all of the same forums that you do nor have the
time or inclination to respond to everything or rehash things that have
already been gone over time and time again.  So I resent your implication
that I am following a double standard here.  The facts prove otherwise and
you are well aware of this.

On posting private email, as you know I have not sent you any messages, nor
do I intend to, so your threat to post email is a moot point.  I do not
have a problem with stating my opinion publicly.  However I must thank you
for admitting that you do not share the same notions of etiquette as most
people and that posting confidential messages is okay for you as long as it
furthers your agenda, apparently much like posting inflammatory and
unfounded accusations.  Whether or not you state up front that you will
post email, it is not ethical and does not absolve you of your
responsibility.  This will not affect me since there will be no such
messages from me for you to post, but fortunately others can take it into
account from now on.