ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:23:57 EST
I went up to the balcony on Friday night, and I thought it was very powerful.
I didn't hear anything besides noise that offended me, or that I have not
heard in my kids middle school.  Personally, apart from any foul language
incidents, I would say the season ticket holders were told what to expect, and
they chose to remain.  They should either ask to be moved (although the seats
available at this late date are not great) or try to put up with any
discomfort.  This is a positive thing we are experiencing.  This support is
absolutely essential for the success of the team the STH's strongly claim to
support.

I thought the crowd, and especially the students were FANTASTIC this weekend,
more so Saturday after Coach got involved, but loud through out.  The student
section is the loudest!  If I had thought it would matter, I would have walked
up there and told them all, band and students how proud I was to see them lift
the team like that.  I am such an old fogey that the crowd support made me
teary for what had been lost and now may be found again.

I watched the Naked Five exhort the crowd, and suddenly thought of a large
piece of Maine Blue fur I have upstairs in the room full of fabric I have
stashed away, and though it would be funky to make chaps of that for them.  I
have it on good authority from two young ladies sitting behind me that
covering them up would threaten my life, so chaps will have to do!  They too
are a large part of the Bears Roaring!  As a matter of fact, why not start a
roar of the crowd in concert, as the sound of Maine Hockey?  I recall how
powerful the "Aubooooooo chant was in the old days, so wouldn't a roar be at
least intimidating?

Keep it up!

Cathy Hart