ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 20:54:18 -0400
Maybe this article is why this dork is still in Richmond.

I suppose he really likes stock car racing instead.  Imagine being asked to
cover a NASCAR event -- Gee, there you can actually see a guy DIE in a
violent wreck.

What do you suppose he thinks about NBA basketball these days ?

Better question: what sport today has NOT eliminated bench-clearing brawls
by use of very strict off-the-bench rules ?  ANSWER - baseball.

No need to get apoplectic about this guy.  Hey, he could've bashed Shawn.

>This is pathetic...  Here's a newspaper "editorial" from one of the
>Richmond Times-Dispatch's regular sports columnists.  His name is
>Bob Lipper.
>
>After you read this, I suggest a nice rebuttal to the newspaper at

>This "story" can also be found online at
>    <http://www.gateway-va.com/pages/sports/cols/lipp/0408lipp.htm>

Dan Doucette
UMaine 78 MPA 80

*** Beers may now be in the booth, but Jean-Yves Roy ***
***    should be kept with the big club in Boston     ***
***   Is there anyone better now with Providence ??  ***

 And when will Rutgers become a "real" school and start
            a Div. 1 college hockey program ?