ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Matthew Dewkett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 1998 12:35:21 -0500
>> One of the definite highlights for me was seeing Shawn Walsh was
>sitting
>>in the same section as we were.  There he was, dressed entirely in
>black,
>>sitting in the last row of Section 315.  Some coaching habits never
>die, I
>>suppose, since he stood for the entire time he was up there (didn't
>see if
>>he had one foot on the seat in front of him).
I was sitting in the seat right in front of him.  I don't think he had
his foot on the seat,  but it was really interesting getting his take
on the action and the officiating.  It was great to see him there.

>> Some of the people we hooked up with (who were rooting for Michigan)
>>noticed that it seemed that Western schools had a easier time cheering
>on
>>their division rivals than the fans from the east.  Their philosophy
>was
>>that "Well, they're jerks, but they're OUR jerks".

I am still not too sure who I plan on rooting for tonight, tough to
cheer for a Boston team.
-Matt