ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:18:45 -0800
From infobeat...

DOCTOR SAYS KARIYA'S SEASON COULD BE OVER

(AP) - Paul Kariya, still bothered by throbbing headaches from a
concussion he received a month ago, could miss the rest of the
NHL season. Kariya, a left wing for the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, has
trouble remembering conversations and concentrating for periods
of longer than one hour, the result of a blow delivered by
Chicago's Gary Suter in a Feb. 1 game. "Some days I feel OK and
other days I still feel bad ... I don't know what to think,"
Kariya said in Tuesday's editions of the Daily Breeze of
Torrance, Calif. Mighty Ducks team doctor Craig Milhouse said
there is a real possibility Kariya could miss the team's final 23
regular-season games. Milhouse said before Kariya will be cleared
to play, the team will get a second opinion. The doctor said he
does not believe Kariya's career is in jeopardy.