ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Phil Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 13:46:57 -0500
this is a hard question to answer given the ups and downs of the season.
my wife and i had a list of things we wanted to see in the game:

shut out
all three hat tricks completed
Ek score a goal

we go two of five and were very satisfied - Ek even had a good shot at a
goal.  we only hope that maine does it again tonight.  as for the quality
of play i think uno doesn't have it.  maine(in my mind) goes for the
finesse, the set-up, the quick charge - all skill type plays.  rarely do
they let it go with out making a play first.  uno only seemed to have the
physical part down and maine simply out skated them.  other really good
teams that beat maine this year had both down - the physical part,
punishing our mistakes and the ability to skate, nailing the puck when we
let our guard down.  there were lots of times when we lost it last night -
alfie slipping in the second period, on two occasions our players collided
with each other like they were catching an opponent.  even tuell, the
linesman lost it.  but every time uno could not capitalize on it.