ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Barbara Jean Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:48:22 -0600
At 10:35 AM 2/18/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Nice post John!  I couldn't agree more.  The USA team acted like the
>spoiled brats that our professional sports scene makes them.

And compare that to the grace and enthusiasm of the Women's team.  Wow!
This changes everything ....

I'm almost 50 now, but I still remember being told that figure skates were
not allowed on "the boys'" half of the millpond -- the middle half.  I'd
like to see them try that with some of the young women learning to skate
today.  And I'm amazed at myself for never imagining women playing hockey
in the Olympics, or any where else for that matter.

Barbara Jean (U.Maine Po-Go 1970) That's "Portland-Gorham" for the rest of you.