ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
John W Duffill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 14:43:26 -0500
> I think it means the team USA was stopped by Czech Republic goaltender
> Dominik Hasek, the best goalie in the world.  It does mean they did not play
> up to their potential.  I haven't seen anything printed to indicate the US
> team wanted to be "back in the good US of A.  As Tkchuk said, "This is
> awful, it's devastating."
>
> Bob Svec
>
> GO BLACK BEARS!!!!

  The USA did not play up to there potential and their defense was awful.  Though
it is fair to say they got beat by the TWO best goalies in the world  Hasek and
Roy.  Patrick was incredible in the first two periods against USA.  It's really a
shame that Paul Kariya isn't there to join in the glory of Canada winning the gold
medal in the country of his heritage.

John Duffill
An original Friend of Maine Hockey