ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:33:46 -0500
Whoa, Tina!!  You should relax, get out of that office more!

IMHO -Tina's frustration is well founded, given the facts she relates.  What
she probably didn't hear when she got her first tour of the place was how
dearly we all hold Maine Athletics, and how we the fans and taxpayers value
the accessible and affable natures of most of our administators.  (Read - we
all have an opinion and stick our noses in at will!)

Tina's job is very difficult, with all the demands she has to handle and the
changes she has been asked to implement to make her part of the puzzle
generate all the money it can to help the deficit.  With the implementation
of Title IX, funds need to be counted very closely, as the department looks
it's responsibilities squarely in the face.

She has impressed me as someone who calls a spade a spade, with no malarkey.
 (Am I a Mainer or what?  Where's Tim Sample to translate?)  I have also been
very favorably impressed by her professional attitude toward the details of
her job.  This no nonsense attitude has gotten her in trouble where a more
diplomatic, but less honest approach, could have side stepped the fire.
 While I am used to dancing all around questions to get an answer, her direct
approach has been a real breath of fresh air.

While I have never found her to be anything but communicative, open and
looking forward, I have heard the anecdotes and the less than kind nickname.
 SO, maybe we can take her message - to call her to get the facts - and
forgive the patent frustration this new Black Bear expressed!

Cathy Hart