ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jamie Schofield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Feb 1997 20:16:18 -0500
As a member of the womens ice hockey team i agree with Dan.  There need
to be more support at the mens games, whether it comes from the
students or the BLC.  However the guys get a lot more support than the
women do.  We average probably twenty fans per game.....that is
horrible for a hockey game.  We greatly need support for our team,
especially now.  We are striving to go varsity, and the more supporters
we can get the better our chances are.  Are games are constantly posted
around campus, and are commonly spread by word of mouth.  Although
there is no checking in womens hockey the games can still be
entertaining.  It would be great if for once the womens hockey team
could hear screaming as we come out of the tunnel.

thanks..
jamie schofield