ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 23:39:26 -0500
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have recontacted the NCAA regarding Maine's schedule situation (names
removed of course) and they have promised me a response within 10 buisness
days.  We'll see.

In the meantime, I checked with Sue Tyler again and she affirmed that the
NCAA considers Hockey East Tournament ONE exemption and the NCAA Tournament
ONE exemption.

I've also confirmed this with a well-respected member of the college hockey
media, Jon Barkan from USA Today, who knew this answer off the top of his
head, but did not know the exact rule.  He described it as somewhat obscure.

All indications point that Maine is in fact on the right track, but I'd
still like to hear from the NCAA or from someone who knows the exact rule
that we can look at.  I'll pass it on as soon as I receive it.
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])