ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:52:54 -0500
Shawn Walsh was on WZON's morning program with Dale Duff this morning.  I
did not hear the broadcast, but WZON's news has exercepts from Walsh's comments.

Walsh said that the suspension has been grueling, but the prevailing feeling
he said was one of sheer disappointment.

Walsh said he became more disappointed as the investigation progressed and
the violations including himself mounted.  Walsh also said that the
magnitude of what was uncovered was "embarassing and humiliating."

Some comments..

First, it was simply odd to hear his voice on the radio again after a year
of him not speaking publically.  From what I heard it was hard to make too
many comments (did anyone else here this interview?  If so please post!),
but I don't think that Walsh saying he is embarassed and humilated is just
talk, the man sounded sincere in what he was saying.

Hopefully someone else heard the entire interview, but I'm sure that if
Walsh is talking other publications will surely have more as time
progresses.  I know Dave Hendrickson is planning a story for USCHO.
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])