Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 1996 10:59:22 -0600
A few comments on the new BU schedule...

Glad to see BU opening the season up against Minnesota.

Of course, after Minnesota, the strength-of-schedule rating plummets down
through the bedrock.

When the heck are we going to see more Western teams going to the east to
play? And I mean the "big" teams -- CC, Michigan, Minnesota, Lake State, et
al. You people want to see college hockey grow in popularity? Give more
schools the chance to put together more non-conference games. Why does BU
have to play North Dakota EVERY YEAR (I know, they've got a little
agreement, just like the BU basketball team had with Duke)? If you're going
to make a swing out west, why not pick up some competition while you're out
there?

Speaking of scheduling, what a BIG surprise to see BU's second and third
games against RPI and Vermont. I'm getting real tired of playing these two
teams in October, when most teams still don't have their act together. Last
season, BU had no problem with Vermont... in October. Had BU played the
Catamounts in January or February, I'm sure it would have been a closer
game.

STILL speaking of scheduling, why am I not too excited by the St Lawrence &
Clarkson road trip weekend? GOD would I love to see the Terriers play
someone different for a change. How about Union? Cornell?

Novermber 26 -- December 6. Four games in 11 days. All against ECAC
opponents. I just can't stand the excitement.

Is it just me, or is BU not playing in *any* tournaments besides the
Beanpot next year?

February 14 -- February 22. Two games against Lowell followed by two games
against Maine. 4 days after the beanpot championship (I hope). Ouch. Good
way to warm up for the playoffs, I guess.

OK, I'm done being a cynical bastard.

I really am looking forward to a good season for all of HE next year:

BC and Providence should be stronger.

Maine will have the Walsh thing behind them (until the NCAA finds something
new).

Merrimack will hopefully figure out just what the hell happened last season.

Lowell will become BU's biggest HE rival.

Prediction: Umass-Amherst surprises EVERYBODY, becoming the only team in
Hockey East to win at least one game against every other team in the
league.

Northeastern has Bruce Crowder! (will it *really* help though?)

UNH... well, they've got that nice, new rink.

Okay. 'Nuff said.

greenie
[log in to unmask]  <-- where flames are always welcome!

S P O O N ! !
(go BU)