From:
Jon Persky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 20:21:43 -0500
MATTHEW CALDERWOOD wrote:

>      Sorry to bring back a thread that's run it's course, but speaking of
>      "chants", etc. by fans...
>
>      Is anyone else bothered by the way some schools yell at key moments
>      during the national anthem?  I'm referring to my alma mater (RPI),
>      Clarkson, and Union crowds (those are the only ones I know of, anyway;
>      they're probably not the only ones).

It's common practice by the zoo crew at any hockey game vs. Cornell to
respond to their screaming of "RED" at "the rocket's red glare" with
"SUCKS!" instead of "glare." All in the name of fun. Patriotism is in
the eye of the beholder.

(I think O Canada is a cooler anthem, personally.)

Jon Persky, Brown '99
Brown Band fogey