From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jason W. Roy
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 18:42:55 -0600
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Jack C. Berenzweig wrote:

> The Chicago Sun-Times reported today that as part of its enhanced commitment
> to basketball, "UIC is rumored to be dropping its hockey program and turning
> its practice facility into a basketball facility".

-->What about tha kids that play for UIC, is the school thinking about
them??? These kids signed scholarships to play hockey and go to school
and I'm sure not every kid on the team would be picked up by other
schools...I think it sucks!!!...Give me a break----Basketball---Come on....
---It would be nice to know which guy propsed this and then lock him in
the UIC locker room with players!!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody Know what would happen to the players if they folded??????

---Here's an Idea----
-Maybe they could relocate the team like they do in the show ( I hate
this---gonna miss the jets), if the University doesn't want the team-
maybe a deal could be worked between Mankato and UIC...UIC would have to
honor part of the players scholorships, while Mankato would pay part of
it.....I really don't want see the Wildcats leave, but if Comely wants to
go----don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out...and Makato
could join the WCHA..........
--probably not--but just an idea...........

Jason Roy
University of Manitoba
Go Tech!!!!!