From:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 18:12:23 -0400
For the Miami fans, regarding Kevyn Adams:

The following is quoted from brief notes in the "Inside Hockey" column
in the Boston Sunday Globe (96May05), written by Nancy L. Marrapese.  It
is part of a discussion regarding Boston Bruins draft picks, and quotes
Bruins assistant general manager Mike O'Connell:

   Forward Kevyn Adams was selected in the first round (25th overall) in
1993, but while O'Connell said they're "not ruling him out," neither
are they terribly excited about him.
   "He played on a weak team [Miami of Ohio] last year," said O'Connell.
"He definitely has some skill.  We just don't know if that skill will be
able to come out.  He needs to develop more.  I don't think he has
matured enough to realize how hard it is at the next level.  If you put
him on BU, you'd see a different Kevyn Adams, and that's what we have to
be careful of.  He's an offensive player who knows the defensive end, but
he has to pick up his commitment."
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
"Volunteer reporter"               A hopeful BC fan.  GO EAGLES!