From:
Cliffy Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cliffy Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 1996 17:29:25 -0500
> Adam Wodon said:
>
> I know that some of this weekend's games featured a lot of penalties, but
> this isn't exclusively a factor of Canadian vs. American.  And I don't
> know if you can make any generalizations about "over-age 'kids'".  The
> University of Ottawa team played a little physical in the game with BC
> on Friday, but it wasn't anything other than regular hockey.  No gooning
> involved.  And that team appeared to be quite young -- mostly 19 through
> 21-year-olds, with a few older.

        I think that I have to agree too The U of Alberta came to grand forks
this weekend and played a good game. There was some rough stuff but give
the fans what they want, which is rough and tumble hockey game. Hockey was
not made to be played in dresses IT IS A CONTACT SPORT......Hockey has fights
even in leagues where they want to ban you if you get into
        The reason some teams recruit canadian hockey players is that
they are ussally more prepared to play when they get to college they are
some cases ready to play and are more physical.......I think that Brian
Bonin, Erik Rassmusson (SP), Reggie Berg, I am missing a few here (the
GUY from Moorhead) Crowley are exceptions more than the rule. Wyatte
Smith was not ready to play last year, I would have red shirted him. Brad
Depwau did not look very impressive in his first game in a Sioux uniform.

P.S. I am a Minnesota boy.

        *The Fabulous Sports Goon, SIOUX YEAH,YEAH*
        * UND NRHH  CHAPTER PRESIDENT  1996-1997  *
        *        THE SPOKED B RETURNS SOON        *
        Wham Bam, Cam Neely Thanks for the Memories 1986 to 1996
        A Career Cut short by a Dirty Leg Check.