From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 13:22:20 -0400
I was informed during a meeting of the University Homecoming Steering
committee that there will be hockey during this years festivities.

There are tentative plans for a four team, four game, tournament
involving BGSU, Miami, Ohio State, and the University of Toronto.  The
Falcons already had Toronto on their schedule for the first game of the
year.  But this will allow Miami, Ohio State, and BGSU to pick up at
least one game from the UIC gap, and jump start the hockey season at BG.

Of course the trick of all this is where will the teams stay.  Last time
I checked (working at the alumni office as I do) there are not a lot of
rooms left in the area.  BG rooms are about booked solid, and the hotel
rooms in south Toledo are nearly booked (Homecoming).  Likewise the
Football game against Kent (can you say "blow out" boys and
girls.........I knew ya could) starts at 1 p.m. on Saturday.  So timing
will be interesting, as will parking.  Since BG would likely get UT as a
first round opponent (can you say......never mind), given that we would
be the host team, and they were on our schedule anyway, it isn't likely
we would become the early consolation game.  So that would help.

At any rate, no official word is out on this yet.  I wouldn't be
surprised to see the game pushed back a day, or to a week before or after
homecoming.

Fat free, food for thought.

Nathan W.L. Boyle
BGSU