From:
"James T. Holden" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James T. Holden
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 07:48:23 +0400
On Fri, 3 May 1996, Ralph N. Baer wrote:

> Gee, I thought that NMU decided that the downstate teams were its rivals.
> :-).  Has the issue of NMU wanting to transfer to the CCHA ended?

        I wonder if Northern Michigan's cries of love lost in downstate
Michigan has anything to do with the fact that in recent years thye've
been pushed around by the WCHA, while the CCHA becomes increasingly
divided between the haves (MSU, Michigan, Lake State) and the have-nots
(Miami of Ohio, Ohio State, Bowling Green).  Better to a big fish in a
small pond, perhaps?

James Holden
Michigan Tech '86

James T. Holden                      "The first thing we do, let's kill
Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott               all the lawyers."
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania           Dick the Butcher, "2 Henry VI", Act IV,
[log in to unmask]              Scene II, by William Shakespeare