From:
Mike Long <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Long <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 11:34:57 EDT
>Date:    Sun, 21 Apr 1996 20:56:55 EDT
>From:    "Craig E. Knowles" <[log in to unmask]>

>My thoughts to remedy the situation, in the east anyway, is to award the east
>regionals on a five  year basis to the Fleet Center in Boston.  World class
>city, brand new facility, easy access for western fans via Logan airport, loads
>of accomodations, close to many of the schools in HE/ECAC and plenty for the
>fans to do before and after the games.  There is absolutely no way that
>Worcester and especially Albany can even hold a candle to Boston.

I disagree.  The FleeceCenter has a few problems:

1) Expen$ive.  Ditto for hotel$, car rental, &c.
2) Bad ice (this will be fixed next year...maybe)
3) Logan has been rated the WORST airport in the country by the FAA,
   in terms of delays.  Many pilots also think their snow removal
   sucks.
4) Bruins + Celtics get priority (Worcester & Providence have teams
   too, but only one each).
5) Did I mention expen$ive?

And just in case anyone thinks I'm biased, I live in Boston.
--
Mike Long <[log in to unmask]>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger [log in to unmask] for PGP public key