From:
Zac R Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Zac R Halter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 12:20:01 -0600
> At 8:51 01/02/96, Morgenstern,David wrote:
>
> >3) Install a red line and make two line passes illegal.

        I feel Ben Smith's proposal of making the two line pass illegal
is a bad idea.  The two line pass is just one of a number of reasons
that I prefer college hockey over NHL style hockey.  I feel the two line
pass is a rule which makes college more exciting than the pros.

        Another change which is occuring as new ice arenas are being
built, is a conversion to an Olympic size rink.  (I believe the
dimensions for an Olympic size rink are 200' x 100' as opposed to the
standard size of 200' x 85')  I strongly support this change and believe
it is in the best interest of college hockey to pursue this change as
situations permit.  (In other words, nobody needs to run out and build a
new rink immediately)  I feel the larger rink size facilitates more of a
finesse game and benefits teams who have good puck handling skills.  It
also differentiates college hockey from pro hockey in a very positive way.