From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 23:18:01 -0400
Rob Zielinski wrote:
>Quoted from the USA Today College Hockey web site
>(http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/shc/shcthob1.htm)
>
>"The 1996 Hobey Baker Memorial Award is presented by the Decathlon
>Athletic Club of Bloomington, Minn., along with the U.S. Army. Bonin
>was selected as the 1996 recipient by the vote of an 18-member
>selection committee, comprised of college coaches, sports
>journalists and professional scouts."
>
>I had never heard that the U.S. Army was in any way involved in the
>Hobey Baker award.  From what I can gather they are a "presenter" of
>the 1996 award.  Does anyone have any more information about this?

I wondered what that general was doing congratulating Bonin on the clip I
saw, also the banner behind the podium at the ceremony.

Couldn't the committee find a better sponsor than some school who doesn't
even field a squad willing to affiliate with a hockey conference ?

        ****** If you can read this, thank your monitor *******