From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 16:49:00 CDT
I am replying to the comment that if College Hockey wants Big Time TV to
cover the games, the Big Name Teams would have to play each other.  Now, I
do not support the creation of a Mega-League for college hockey (we could
call it the Big(11)Ten, but the name teams from that league do play each
other every year in the College Hockey Showcase.  I am wondering why there is
no T.V. coverage of that event.  That event has the big name Big(11)Ten
schools in it, and it's over a holiday weekend.  Also, by that time of year,
college f$$tball is winding down.

I am hoping someone on the list knows someone associated with the event, or
the schools Athletic Departments, who can answer that question.  It seems to
me that the "holiday tournaments" would be, and are an excellent arena for TV
coverage, and exposure of the game.  And E$$N, or whoever wouldn't have to
show a game every week or anything "risky" like that.  That way, coverage of
the Senior PGA Tour won't be interupted. (Disclaimer: I love golf, and have
nothing against it, except of course, when I am playing!)  Just some food for
thought

What can we do ourselves to help push College Hockey?  It gets frustrating
sitting here, while SI and ESPN snub the game.  Cheers!

Yours,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?
(608) 265-5577                                      ON WISCONSIN!
[log in to unmask]                           "How 'bout them Cowboys!"