From:
Ted Halm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 09:21:47 EST
Sure, college hockey doesn't get the national coverage it wants.  But,
tell me why the season can't be shortened or adjusted by a week so the
NCAA championship games doesn't fall on the same day as Final Four
Saturday -- maybe the biggest day in all of sports.  To go head to head
with NCAA basketball is a losing proposition.  You can't sell your sport
when the competition is Goliath; whether it's a lacrosse style goal or a
slingshot.  I've also been reading posts about forming a super
conference, a conc ept that will make the rich get richer and hurt
schools who REALLY appreciate the exposure they get from their college
hockey program.  Is the answer is to squeeze out the small guys so you
can read about Michigan igan/Michigan State in sports illustrated?  Will
college hockey receive more coverage if there are less schools that are
allowed in the limelight?